Tuesday 28 April 2015

Forgotten Tomb - Hurt yourself and the ones you love




Forgotten tomb
whose name not to be mixed up for! its sounds!
the band has always done what they always saw fit their work!
and I truly admire that.
lately there hasn't been much extreme surprises in record wise, but I do think this one counts, its very different the new material even if it's still possesses the same lyrical theme, the bands sound has indeed changed a lot over the years from 2003 Springtime Depression which I still to this day hold as a classic in my eyes,
dark depressive melodies, that really makes your soul to weep...
the gloomy atmosphere is still left in their new material...
even if its faster, and more brutal sound maybe is the right word!
The new record blends elements of doom and black metal into one big party!
even if I can't stop thinking at some points it reminds me of death metal...
heavy riffs along the way that holds a barrier of feelings...
the songs are catchy in so many ways its hard to not listen and enjoy,
If I was to describe the sound I'd say its a mixture of Doom metal, Old school death metal... with their overall black metal lyrical theme..
the drums are angry and fast not really slow at all that I may be first expected, but never the less its good powerful sound.. The guitar tone is very modern,
no very dirty at all infact the whole production is very clean and punchy sounding...
mostly likely tuned down guitars , the vocals are screaming and furingly impressive...
yet they are clear in the sound...
I do think with this sound they would appeal to more people in the death metal areas... but then again there are hints of their previous work indeed so its not that strange to hear this,
some songs are quite obviously more doomy feel to it I think my favorite so far is
number 1 Soulless uppheaveal for its clearly black metal feel and the structure in the songs,

as we dive deeper into the songs we hear much more of their old style but with a more modern edge to it... which is why I mean its good , but I do kinda miss the old Springtime sound...
but I am not the one who would bother about a bands natrual change..
infact I enjoy this record as much as if it would been their first work...
I admit I haven't heard that much of Forgotten Tomb in the last years but its always nice to hear new and see how things develop,
i find it bit different indeed to write a reveiw over a cup of coffee among flesh, yet I don't mind the isolation of solitude that this new record brings...


As we move along to the near bitter end, a string of slow melodies appears!
I didn't quite expect that but its a nice change of phase the really slow sorrowful guitars are back just like Springtime depression... indeed a instrumental piece of art
to sum up this record is as always a challenge to me as I would say I its unfair to sometimes rate a record because I truly enjoy them all...
for different reasons, but still a person can miss something that maybe is not that obvious in the music anymore...
But I can still feel that this album did please my hunger
and indeed gives a craving for more.
so lets see what they are up to next?
If i had to rate this record I'd say it's definitely worth a listen

6,5/10 still I not quite as good as Springtime album but hey its just me!



Links

No comments:

Post a Comment